Wednesday 13 November 2013

WANNA MAKE A NEW FRIEND?

Hello world,

I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to decide how to introduce myself and my blog.   I have finally come to the conclusion that I must begin where we all begin with first encounters; so here goes...

My name is di neo.  (I have decided that, as far as my labels are concerned, this name and this face will have to suffice.)

So, I guess now is the part where I either say why you should read, follow or subscribe to this blog when you could be reading a thousand other blogs.   The reasons:

1.  You are a person who doesn't mind a responsible straight talker; pun intended.
2.  You are interested in (LGBT) content, written word, stills and video, that reflects an experience or experiences that you can identify with.
3.  Like all beings you practice common decency and respect towards others and all you'd like is some (world) peace.  Seriously!
4.  You have a slight affliction for sport
5.  And sometimes, when it directly affects your life, you get pissed about politics and want to lash out at the entire political system and politics in general but then realize that you don't know your cabinet ministers and they don't deserve for you to know them anyway.

So yeah, that's all I’ve got...for now!

But in all seriousness, there may be no simple 5-point answer for you to read, follow or subscribe to my blog.  That said, however, it is my hope that you will read it and that you will at least take away something from this blog.  And at the risk of sounding prescriptive, it is my hope that you will at least learn about someone else's perspective on life, love and everything else.

It has been said that I am somewhat liberal and somewhat traditionalist.  I have also been told that I am also somewhat funny and somewhat serious.  Chief among many is the somewhat feminine, somewhat masculine accusation there too.   But who cares about labels, right?  

Whatever label you get to know as we grow together in this cyber space, you can be sure of one thing; the only label I wear, is the one I assign to myself.  And until such a time as I add more or change it, the only label I respond to is my name; di neo.

Catch me next time for articles on the 'unAfricanness' of homosexuality, The Sate of the Nation, and many more.

Nice to meet you all, please comment on and share because like all artists, I carry the curse that renders me with some regard of self importance and think that what I have to say has meaning, adds value and will interest people ;) 

I will catch you in my next post

-Love and world peace!




2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading about 'unAfricanness' of homosexuality, big ups di neo.

    ReplyDelete